Simple Time Management Tips for Manager's
If you dont have reasons to meet, or if you have reasons not to
meet, you can always cancel. No body ever complains about a canceled meeting,
do they? But every time you do have a meeting, make it worth it worth
their time and energy to be there.
1. Get Ready: You really have to know your stuff to explain it to others. Do your homework. Review your reasons(s) for holding the meetings and the out come(s) you want.
2. Get the meeting place ready: Make sure youve got the flip chart and markers and overhead projector ready. How about visuals? Refreshments? Seating arrangements? Put them in rows facing front if you want them to sit quietly and listen. Put them around a table if you expect them to take an active part in the discussion.
3. Get them ready: Dont pass out of a think report to start the meeting and expect folks to read react on the spot. Even the most willing workers wont be able to do a good job. When do they need to know before the meeting? Get information to them at least two working days ahead of time. Sure, some would not read it. But many will, and theyll come prepared.
4. Get out an agenda: What ever else you send them before the meeting, be sure to circulate an agenda. Emphasize action items and spell out recommendations you plan to make. If they need to bring some things with them (like their calendars, so you can plan yet another meeting) tell them now.
5. Get rid of bad talk: Dont let your meeting degenerate in to personal attack or disintegrate in to multiple side bar discussions.
Here are few some ground rules other groups have found helpful
Use I Statement in sharing your perceptions. Not: This meeting is a stupid waste of time.
Before you spend all
the time their time, though, consider giving a little time off as a reward
for a job well done, a head of schedule. You cant give them anything
they Ill appreciate more and that could motivate them better.
| Key Technologies to Improve Your Time Management Skills | Comparing Different Types of Time Management Systems | Do You Really Need a Time Management Course | Improving Time Management Skills | How to Devise A Perfect Time Management Plan | How to Reduce Time Management Stress | Ideas to Consider in a Time Management Program |