Factors that influence project management & members of the project team
project team is more than a group of individuals assigned to work on one
project. A group of interdependent individuals working co-operatively
to achieve project objective helping these individuals develop and grow
into a cohesive effective team. It is the people not the procedures and
technology that are critical to accomplish project objective.
Project manager plays a key for the successful development of the project. The ultimate responsibility of the project manager is to make sure that the customer is satisfied that the work scope is completed in a quality manner, within budget and on time. Project financing is considered in some way or the other right from the time of project conception. Indeed project financing is intertwined with project planning, analysis and selection.
Factors that play a crucial role in the project management system:
of the project
(b) Procurement of data for the studies:
(c) Verification of alternatives and assumptions:
(d) Proposed cost structure.
(e) Scheduling the operations.
Barriers in the project team:
2. Unclear definition of roles and responsibilities.
3. Lack of project structure.
4. Lack of commitment.
5. Lack of communication, leadership.
Teamwork is a co-operative effort by the members of the project team to achieve a common goal. The effectiveness of the project team can make the differences between the project success and failure. It’s the people the project manager and team members are key to project success.
To ensure success of project various structures are used to organize people to work on them. Communication is most essential part in a project team, it should be good with the customers, within the project team and with the upper management is critical to success. Delegation is a must for a project management system. Delegation is not the “passing he buck”. Responsibilities of Project manager are...
Qualities of project manager:
2. Ability to develop people.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Good interpersonal skills.
5. Problem solving skills.
6. Time management skills.
Characteristics of project team members:
understanding of project objectives.
2. Clear expectations of each person role and responses.
3. High degree of co-operation.
4. Effective communication among the members.
5. Techniques for using conflict in a constructive way.
6. Clarification of the team’s purpose and the role of each team member.
Factors that contribute to ensure successful team work:
to the purpose of the system is never perfunctory, and motivation always
2. Teamwork is focused on task. The members of the project team develop behaviours that enable them to do what they must.
3. The project leadership is strong, clear, reliable and never ambivalent.